Sunday 26 June 2011

for love or for money

It's been more than a month since my last official business as a student, which officially means i am a self-appointed official penganggur, or unemployed personnel.

Searching for jobs in my line of work with half-baked credentials and qualifications is difficult. Seeing some of my fellow fighters (with obviously better results and more experience) easily securing interviews and positions just adds insult to the injury. That's what you get when you do something you don't really love doing. Bottom-line: Do what you love, and never let anything else affect your decision.

One does wonder what would have happened if I took a different path 5 years ago. Snap decisions have always been a pain for me, and this was one of them.

Looking through job ads and various websites these past couple of weeks, it did occur to me: should I try for a position in writing instead? Freelance, temp, permanent, anything. It is, after all, one my many loves and interests...

2 comments:

  1. setuju with your bottom-line 100% !!
    :DD and also that part where friends who have better results bla bla bla "adds insult to the injury."

    T_T

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL. rupanya anda ada baca this one.
    kannn? sangat berbelah bagi. tapi fikir da penat makbapak bayar blajar 4-5tahun ni, cuba cari keje yg ni dulu la. hihi
    ala relax la, you still got time, xley la nak compare ngan member2 yg da abes :)

    ReplyDelete