Thursday 2 June 2011

Forgotten No more~

One of my first poems I wrote in this year of 2011. Inspiration hits when the mood is there. The mood comes when emotion is touched. :)

Will you be there when I need you the most?
Will you brush away my tears when they fall?
Will you make me smile like a crazy idiot?
Will you do anything to make me happy?
Will you promise never to break a promise?
Will you trust me when i don't trust myself?
Will you pick me up when i fall to the ground?


Alas,
For these I can give you no answer
I am not a reader of minds
Nor an owner of a magical crystal ball


But please dear, look at me
Look into my heart, my soul
And tell me what can you find
Can you see it in my eyes,
In the way I look at you?
Can you hear it in my voice?


Can you see that I won't leave you behind?
Can you see that I would never forget you?
Can you see that i would always treat you right?
And can you see that I view you as a door, not a key?
A door to the unexpected and undreamed of
Full of surprises and the unexplored


I cannot promise to fulfill all of these words
I am but a lowly and humble human
But if you can trust me, if you believe me
I will perform this pledge to the best that I can


Yes, I am merely a lonely passer-by
Possessing nothing but simple words as my weapon
Paper and technology as my battle field
And the World Wide Web as my messenger
So, I send this to you, dear friend
With the glimmer of hope, hope for a chance
Will you let me enter into your life?
Will you allow me to steal your heart?
Because you are lovable if you want to be.

~product of IzzJ 19April2011 514pm~

No comments:

Post a Comment